15th June 2017
Location: Moore Stephens LLP
“Current Challenges In the Shipping Industry Seminar”, sponsored and hosted by Moore Stephens
We are delighted to invite you to our event on Thursday, 15 June 2017, organised with and kindly sponsored by Moore Stephens.
Join our event where Dipak Karki, Head of Financial Advisory & Capital at Galbraith’s, will present on the changing world of finance and Christopher Beveridge, Associate Director at Moore Stephens, will present on the General Data Protection Regulation, effective April 2018, and its impact on the shipping community. Cassie Forman, Director at Moore Stephens, will chair the seminar.
About Moore Stephens:
- Cassie Forman – Chair, Director, Moore Stephens. Cassie is a director in the Shipping and Offshore Maritime Group in London. She provides assurance and advisory services to a range of international listed and private shipping and offshore maritime companies.
- Dipak Karki – Head of Financial Advisory & Capital, Galbraith’s Financial Ltd. Dipak Karki has 22 years of banking experience of which 17 years were in ship finance with The Royal Bank of Scotland. He worked directly with over 50 private and publically listed shipping companies totaling US$4.3bn. Dipak worked in Dubai, UAE during 2008 and 2010 as Head of Turkey, Middle East and India. After leaving RBS in March 2015, as Head of Shipping Coverage, America’s, Turkey, Middle East and Asia, Dipak had been providing advisory services to private equity, family offices, ship owners and operators through his own consultancy company for 2 years. This included raising and structuring debt and equity for a variety of maritime projects, reviewing loan portfolios and loan asset buy back purchases before joining and setting up Galbraith’s Financial as Head of Financial Advisory & Capital.
- Christopher Beveridge – Associate Director, Moore Stephens. Chris specializes in advising and assisting Shipping clients on data protection and privacy issues which includes the UK Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This involves educating organisations on the subject, writing and advising on privacy policies and procedures, and the general management of these activities across any organisation. He also has considerable experience of delivering controls assurance and SOX compliance services to shipping companies as part of his Governance Risk and Assurance role.
Moore Stephens helps clients thrive in a changing world. With over 75 years’ experience in the shipping industry, Moore Stephens is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading shipping accountant and adviser. Our objective is simple: to provide all the support and guidance needed to deal with new risks and opportunities. We provide easy access to the right people, so decisions can be made quickly and confidently. Core services to the shipping industry include audit, accounting, tax, risk and systems assurance, shipping finance, restructuring & insolvency, wealth management and dispute advisory. If a business or their personal interactions need to expand, we’ll make it happen – coordinating advice from a network of offices throughout the UK and in more than 100 countries.
About Galbraith’s Financial Ltd:
has been at the forefront of shipbroking since 1847 and we are one of the longest established and most respected shipbroking houses in the world. Our aim is to fulfil all of our clients’ requests with the same level of dedication and expertise regardless of project size and location. With our Headquarters in London and offices in New Delhi, Rio De Janeiro, Shanghai and Oslo, Galbraith’s is well placed to service the needs of all our clients. As a member and shareholder of the Baltic Exchange, the London Tanker Brokers’ Panel, the Worldscale Association (London) and the Ship Valuation Panel, the company has excellent input to key industry bodies.
If you are interested to attend, please confirm your attendance by completing the on-line registration form.
With our best regards,
Claudio, Valentina, Chris, Nicholas, Lisa, Nicola, Ioanna, Nick and Park
Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2017
- 6:30 pm – Registration
- 7:00-8:00 pm – Presentations, questions and summary
- 8:00-9:00 pm – Networking drinksCost: Free for members (£15 for non-members)
Moore Stephens LLP
150 Aldersgate Street
London EC1A 4AB