SPNL is very pleased to present the LISW Tomorrow’s Business Solutions Award 2017, addressed to the next generation of shipping professionals for the best business concept which would bring a positive impact to the global shipping market.
The shipping industry has a rich tradition and heritage that is manifest in all aspects of the sector today. Yet shipping businesses find themselves in an ever-advancing, ever-quickening world. Greener thinking, sustainability, and improving technology, have already brought changes and tomorrow may bring further change to those businesses. But with change, comes opportunity and LISW initiative encourages the next generation to lead the way with their thoughts on Tomorrow’s Business Solutions.
LISW is offering the next generation the opportunity to present their take on Tomorrow’s Business Solution to the wider shipping network. Those behind the six best ideas will be afforded the exciting opportunity to present their idea to the LISW Judging Panel, with the winner going on to present at the LISW17 Conference on 14th September 2017. Also, the winner will receive the amount of £1000 while the runner-up will receive £250.
Your concept can be applicable to any aspect of the shipping sector but must be based around the key principles of the award; Tomorrow’s Business Solutions. Your innovation may contain current concepts, technology or products, provided that this information is not confidential or market sensitive. Please bear in mind that you will be expected to present and discuss your ideas freely throughout this award process.
Since innovating is rarely a one-person job and because the shipping sector spans many disciplines, your submission may be made by a team comprising of more than three individuals, but a maximum of two would present. To be eligible you must be under the age of 40 on 31 December 2017 and be engaged in employment and/or education in the shipping sector and/or enrolled on a shipping related course.
All document submissions will be reviewed by the LISW Judging Panel. The panel will assess the content of each submission with particular regard to its relevance to thought for Tomorrow’s Business Solutions.
Your submission should be made by Wednesday 31 May 2017 to email address LISWprize2017@shippingnetwork.co.uk and must meet the following guidelines;
Have a front page providing the name and position of all of the authors and include an executive summary of no more than 100 words outlining how your presentation meets the award criteria;
- In no more than 5 x A4 pages of text it should aim to answer the following questions:
– What is Tomorrow’s Business Solution?
– What are the existing processes and/or technologies that your idea or innovation will improve or replace?
– How will your solution improve or replace the existing processes/technologies?
– How feasible would the implementation of your Tomorrow’s Business Solution be?
– What do you see as being the biggest challenge to its successful implementation and safe continuing use?
- The CV of all of the individuals making the submission should be appended.
- Submissions should not contain confidential or market-sensitive information, since you will be expected to present and discuss your submission freely throughout the award process.
- Submissions from SPNL board members or associate board members, past or present, will not be accepted.